Contributors

Monday 25 October 2010

Voodoo Coat

Never under-estimate the power of a new coat.

The Coat of Power is upon me, and yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow on the way to town, I SHALL fear no evil.
It's amazing (and frankly, quite shallow) how much a new coat and a new perfume can lift your spirits as the year turns.
Since I bought the New Coat I have resolved:
1. To stop drinking every day
2. To eat more healthy food again
3. To lose AT LEAST 2 stone for my health and my children's sake
4. To start walking or running every day
5. To look after myself more
6. To have more patience and not live with constant regret
7. To stop berating and accusing myself for every small mistake or slip I may make
8. To stop seeking approval from the people in my life; I AM OK

The Coat has a mysterious power, and it is working over and through me.
It is a shiny black Parka with silver zips and toggles and has a furry rimmed hood. It makes me feel extraordinarily good when I wear it. So therefore I am acting more like the woman-in-the-coat I want and hope to be.
I can't wait to walk and go out in it!!!

Maybe it is a Voodoo coat??? Drenched in power from some unknowable lady who worked on its silver accoutrements, binding spells into its shining lining, singing strange words in a low voice to an ancient tune and breathing ritual positivity into its fur-lined hood.
It was in the Sale at House of Fraser down from £250 to £175.
Bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment